sabato 5 gennaio 2013

How to run aircrack on android (intro)

(this post is a work in progress, please come back later)
First of all, the answer: yes it is possible to make aircrack work, to get monitor mode and even injection work on some android devices, even by using the internal network card.
However keep in mind that A LOT of requisites are to be met,
most notably the network card must support monitor mode,
it is ok if monitor mode is not supported by default on your device, since we'll be replacing the module which handles the card anyway.
just make sure that the card you're going to use, either internal or external is supported by linux and someone managed to make monitor and injection work, we'll just handle the glue to make it all work on the android device.
by the way considering that most internal card are crippled so they consume less power and also the poor reception they have, you should go with an external card anyway.
now that you have the answer, let me clarify some points.
first of all, for this guide I'll be using an external wifi usb card since my ramos has an rtl8182cu wifi card which has some problem getting injection work.
My W6HD has a micro usb otg port so i just resorted to my trusty tp-link TL-WN422G rev 2
which sports an Atheros AR9271 single-chip USB,
I also have a Trendnet TEW-424UB rev3 laying around which is based upon a Realtek RTL8187B so I'll add support for that also.
The fight with the realtek 8182cu isn't lost yet, it is just that for now I just want the overall procedure to work, getting the internal card to work is not a priority yet as I find it useful to have the internal card handled by android, this way I can just remotely connect via ssh to my tablet and still be able
to use the external card for aircrack.
I haven't finished to write this guide yet, the procedure works as I've succesfully made the tablet recognize the card, enable the monitor mode and inject (injection is not the strong point of wn422g, but at this point is just a matter of hardware. choose a very compatible card as said before!), I've tested it against my own home network and it succesfully captured data and cracked the password (tried both wep and wpa),
since it took me a lot of time to get everything work and since I didn't write every step down I thought
to redo everything from scratch and to write down every step and share everything with you all.
The process will cover rooting the device, installing a full debian system (with development tools on the device), setting up a cross compile environment on a linux pc, cross compile modules, and so on.
it will be a long ride!
The kernel source we'll be using supports these platforms:

M3 (M3_SKT_V1) platform (MACH_MESON3_REFF01)
M3 (WA) platform (MACH_MESON3_REFF02)
M3 (Shuttle) platform (MACH_MESON3_REFF03)
M3 (Ramos) platform (MACH_MESON3_REFF04)
M3 (SOCKET) platform (MACH_MESON3_REFF05)
M3 (Ainol) platform (MACH_MESON3_REFF06)
M3 (Malata) platform (MACH_MESON3_REFF07)
M3 F08 platform (MACH_MESON3_REFF08)
M3 F09 platform (MACH_MESON3_REFF09)
M3 (Asus) MBX platform (MACH_MESON3_REFF10)
M3 (Gadmei) platform (MACH_MESON3_REFF11)
M3 (Gadmei Portrait 1280*800) (MACH_MESON3_REFF11_P800)
M3 (Gadmei BC 4329) (MACH_MESON3_REFF11_4329)
MT720 (Keenhi M3 1024*600) platform (MACH_MESON3_REFF14)
M3 MBX platform (MACH_MESON3_REFF16)
M3 Bestv MBX platform (MACH_MESON3_REFF20)

so while I'll be focusing on building modules and kernel for the Ramos W6HD, by following
this guide you should gain enough knowledge for adding support for usb devices on your tablet, granted that you have access on the kernel source.
you can also always resort to standard android kernel source however I won't cover this process
in this guide, maybe I'll write up something about this in the future.
I like to put everything online as soon as I write it so you'll find here the current work in progress,
once everything is written I'll double check everything and rewrite a proper guide.
meanwhile enjoy the mess.

WHY:
Last year I bought an android tablet,
a Ramos W6HD which has some nice features,
I messed around with it a lot as it was (and still is) my first tablet.
After trying whatever app I stumbled upon I finally settled down using it as an ebook reader
for tech books as they usually contain a lot of images and my eReader (a Bebook Mini) can't handle these.
However, having a linux system (yeah I know android and all the kernel issue, however it seems that somehow they're rejoining the fun)
with this kind of hardware and use it just to read some books is an offense to human kind!
another reason to make a guide is that I see some apps popup on play store that are just a bunch of linux commands put together using android ui facilities. while this is all legit I think overall it is a bit morally questionable so let's just show you the nitty gritty details so both you and me will learn a thing or two.
if you find an easier way to do the things I'll show you, feel free to leave a comment
and I'll integrate your ideas.
This guide is intended for Ramos W6HD however you can adapt it to any android device which meets the requirements.
Let's begin!
Part 1 - Taking control over your W6HD.
Part 2: Setup an ARM Development environment
(this post is a work in progress, please come back later)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

 
Creative Commons License
Questo/a opera è pubblicato sotto una Licenza Creative Commons.